Thank you, Caregivers!
November is National Family Caregiver Month.
For all the caregivers out there, thank you for all the hard work that you do! As a thank you, I would like to offer family caregivers a FREE 1/2 hr session of your choice. Call me today to reserve a time slot. Offer is good during the month of November, 2015.
Here are some helpful tips for caregivers:
TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF
• Caring for a family member with a disability can wear out even the strongest caregiver. Stay healthy for yourself and those you care for.
• Work hard to maintain your personal interests, hobbies, and friendships. Don’t let caregiving consume your entire life. This is not healthy for you nor those you care for. Balance is key.
• Allow yourself not to be the perfect caregiver. Set reasonable expectations to lower stress and make you a more effective caregiver.
• Delegate some caregiving tasks to other reliable people.
• Take a break. Short breaks, like an evening walk or relaxing bath, are essential. Long breaks are nurturing. Arrange a retreat with friends and family when appropriate.
• Don’t ignore signs of illness: if you get sick, see a health care provider. Pay attention to your mental and emotional health as well. Remember, taking good care of yourself can help the person you care for as well. Exercising and eating healthy are also important.
• Consider respite care. "Respite" refers to short-term, temporary care provided to people with disabilities so that their families can take a break from the daily routine of caregiving.
See more tips from the CDC: http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/disabilityandhealth/family.html
Check out my social media pages for more articles, updates and discounts: Click here for FACEBOOK and Click here for TWITTER